About Dr Jani in Fredericksburg, VA in Culpeper, VA
BINOY R. JANI, M.D.
Dr. Jani has been providing state of the art surgical and medical eye care since 2001. Prior to the founding of Vista Eye Specialists, he has cared for patients in the Fredericksburg and surrounding areas for the past several years. Dr. Jani is the areas only fellowship trained laser vision correction (LASIK), specialist and is a leading laser eye surgeon with expertise not only in laser vision correction but also custom cataract surgery , corneal transplantation surgery , glaucoma treatment , eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), Botox, as well as ophthalmic plastics and diabetic eye care . He has authored several papers, which have been published in the American Journal of Ophthalmology, the Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists Journal, Cornea, and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Jani is a Board Certified ophthalmologist and a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. In addition, Dr. Jani serves as an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at the Medical College of Virginia and Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. As teaching faculty, his duties include clinical and surgical instruction of resident doctors and medical students in training.
Dr. Jani is a Cornea Specialist, certified on the Intralase Femtosecond Laser and the VISX Star S4 laser for PRK, LASIK, LASEK, iLASIK, and Custom (wave front) LASIK.
He enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and two children. He also enjoys a variety of sports including, tennis, golf, and swimming.
- University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX – Fellowship in Refractive Surgery (Laser Vision Correction), Cornea, and External Disease
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH – Ophthalmology Residency
- University of Pennsylvania, Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA – Internal Medicine Internship
- Medical College of Pennsylvania / Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA – Doctorate in Medicine (MD)
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA – Magna Cum Laude, Undergraduate Education
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Surgi Center of Central Virginia
- Mary Washington Hospital Center
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- MCV/VCU Health System, Department of Ophthalmology – Assistant Clinical Professor
- Culpeper Regional Hospital
- Culpeper Ambulatory Surgery Center